Sweet Potaoes with Stewed Beans and Cabbage Salad
With the end of Winter approaching and the begining of Spring, I like to have both warm and cold foods in my meals. A cabbage salad with sprigs of mint is an easy, delicious way to add a cooling and nutritious side to a warm dish of sweet potatoes and stewed beans!
1/2 of one large sweet potato
1/2 can black beans
3/4 cup drained, canned diced tomatoes
1 cup white, sliced cabbage
2 sprigs of mint leaves
1/2 lemon- juice only
2 tbsp. olive oil
dried dill, s/p (to taste)
Sweet Potato with Stewed Black Beans:
1) Bake sweet potato at 425 degrees F for approx 55 minutes of until center is thoroughly cooked.
2) Stew beans and tomatoes together on med heat for approx 15 minutes adding dried dill to taste. When mixture is cooked and warm, remove from heat and add 1 tbsp. olive oil.
3) Cut cooked sweet potato into large pieces and top with black bean/tomato mixture.
1) Add cabbage and mint together until thoroughly mixed.
2) Combine remaining olive oil, lemon juice, and then s/p to taste
Enjoy the changing of the seasons outdoors and in your kitchen! Happy eating and Namaste.